Objectives of the University
The University of Somalia shall pursue its vision from the understanding that it exists to solve real life socio-economic problems which require a multidisciplinary approach. It will enable its graduates to grasp the moral values of their society.
The objectives of the University include, but not limited to:
- Develop and offer academic and professional programs which emphasize technological, developmental and productive skills, and lead to the awarding of certificates, diplomas and undergraduate and postgraduate degrees.
- Promote by research and other means the advancement of knowledge and its practical application to social, cultural, economic, scientific and technological problems.
- Encourage and promote good leadership and social responsibility while pursuing its academic programs.
- Disseminate knowledge among faculty members, students, researchers, and institutions of higher education.
- Promote peaceful coexistence, fraternity, good governance and culture of dialogue among Somali communities through educational processes.
- Organize discussion forums in which issues of socio-economic and political significance are addressed academically.