Examination and Evaluation
There are certain procedures to be observed in examinations and evaluation processes while assessing the students’ academic performance during the semester. Therefore, every student of the University of Somalia should be familiar with the assessment procedures so as to score better grades and consequently enhance and strengthen his/her academic performance. Following are some of the examination and evaluation rules that students should know in advance.
• Each course subject carries 100 marks from all semester assessments. Students are assessed for 40% of the grade during the semester and the remaining 60% at the end of the semester.
• The evaluations during the semester are made by the lecturer in the form of tests, quizzes, timed assignments, group assignments, attendance, presentation, mid-term examinations, etc. There is always a final examination for the remaining 60% of the marks at the end of the semester.
• For quality assurance purposes, the University may engage external examiners for the final examinations if deemed convenient by the management of the University.
• If the assessment of a particular course contains a compulsory hands-on assessment aspect, a student must pass the theoretic aspect of the course as well as its practical/oral parts separately. The hands-on part of an assessment carries at least 30% of the total marks of that course.